May be you are in a confusion after looking at the title. Let me make you clear about that first. Hiring a recruiter means, hiring a recruiting firm to carry the process of recruitment for your organization. Many companies either due to lack of time or lack of expertise tend to outsource their recruiting processes to the companies which can provide right candidates at the appropriate time. This is generally called as recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) and is carried out by the people who are no way related to the company. However, in assigning such a responsible task to the people who do not know anything about your company is a risky job. Here are few suggestions which could be helpful you in hiring a right RPO.
Ability to build relations: The first and the foremost quality which the recruiter needs to build is the ability to find and build relations with great people. They need to get out of their place to know about different levels of people and also to know about the professions that might be useful for their firm and for the people who they are working for. They can use best of the technology to establish relations and to maintain them consistently.
Good knowledge about the existing market: The RPO should be able to explain the present market trend and how they can quantify the supply of talent for a particular job. They have to maintain a data to match them according to the present requirement and are supposed to spend less time on the commonly available candidates.
Show Competence: The RPO’s are supposed to stand potentially competent as the competition in the mentioned fields are always rising with the increased rise of requirement. They need to establish a core set of metrics that show that they have added value, improved quality, profits and all other factors which show that they are different from the rest of the fellow competitors.
Be confident on hiring: Last but the important thing is they need to maintain the quality of the hiring from the first hire till the last hire. With consistent contact with the host company they can get inputs on the job profiles they are looking for and also can use the same points in hiring process. Above all they should be confident enough in supplying efficient manpower so that the company can continue relations with the RPO.
Many people often overlook little things especially at the time of interview. They seem to be simple but at the end they cost them their job. These little things make much difference as they are what which creates the first impression which is often called as the best impression. So, ignoring these things is not at all helpful and in turn lands the candidates in trouble. Here are few tips which helps the candidates especially during the time of interview.
- It is often said that it is better to attend the interview prior to the mentioned time. It does not mean that going there one hour before and waiting for the office to open. It does not show your professionalism. You may reach the area at which the office is located, but not the office. Reaching 10-15mts before the prescribed time is more than enough.
- Knowing about the company for which you are attending the interview helps you in answering those question when posed in the interview. Prompt answers to such questions shows your interest towards the job and hence increases the chances of your selection.
- Some companies will also provide the structure of the interview in their website and hence visiting their respective sites will not only give us a clear idea about the company but also makes us ready for the interview as we already know which kind of rounds you are going to face.
- Always present yourself in the best possible way. Not over done or undone. There are many blogs which tells you how to get ready for the interview and let you know the difference between casual and formal dress codes. Take a look at them and always be ready with a formal look for the interview.
- Be sure on what you are mentioning in your resume. Even though you have done what you have mentioned and do not know how to project it properly it is always better to remove such things unless they are highly important.
- More than speaking and answering a lot, listening is most important thing during the interviews. Unless you listen what the interviewer is saying you cannot answer him properly, which could let you down at that point. So, give much importance to listening later take a second to think over it and then try to answer it only when you know about it.
These are the few tips which may help you in facing the interviews and make them successful.
In the interview process the interviewer must know about what to do and what not to do in the interview. This will helpsthe interviewer to conduct effective interview.
What to do: In the interview process the, interviewer must do the homework before the interview, and doing job analysis is also important in the hiring process. Reviewing the job description, and prepares some standard questions. The questions should be prepared based on past performance. Noticing that how well the candidate is responding to the questions and how the candidates are answering to those questions is important. The interviewer must observe the candidate behavior before, during, and after the interview. It is better to rate the candidate performance immediately. And it is better to provide the information about the company and job to the interviewee. Allow the candidate to talk more.
What not to do: While taking the interview it is better to check the federal laws, state laws and guidelines. Don’t ask questions about age, religion, religious customs, candidate’s credit history or financial situation, sex, gender, candidate’s membership in non-professional organization if any.