Are you looking for a Smartphone? Choosing a Smartphone is a bigger task, unless you have the knowledge of what it is, what features it offers and how would it benefit the user. Of course, this is one of the toughest tasks – especially for the newbies.
The two major competing operating systems in the market are Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS, as far as the Smartphones are concerned. These are the two best Operating Systems (OS) for Smartphones that people are using these days. So, I have chosen these two major OS for Smartphones to brief you their functionality, features and advantages. This may make your selection process easier.
It is importanat for any organization to have software tools that reduces the time spent by employees and increases productivity thus, fetching good results for an organization.
Office suit is one such tool that helps organization in drafting documents, giving presentations, performing calculations and managing databases.
MS Office suit is the most popular tool and is a proprietary product of Microsoft. It is a paid tool and quite expensive for SMBs, start ups and personal PCs. For example, The cost of Microsoft Office 2013 for home & student is $139.99 and MS office professional costs $399.99. Moreover they work on only 1 PC. If you increase the number of users, the cost multiplies.
OpenOffice and LibreOffice are two office suites that are similar to MS Office. They are open source and available for free. They can be downloaded for free on any number of systems and can be shared among any number of users.
- OpenOffice has gone through many owners like Star, Sun, Oracle and presently Apache.
- It is available only in 32 bit but it is compatible with 64 bit operating systems also. (So, it works comparitively well in older systems than in new configuration systems)
- It has similar ribbon interface as Microsoft Office 2007, which is more user friendly.
- Some sections of OpenOffice is copyrighted and cannot be modified. While, rest of the pages are licensed under Apache License.version 2 (Alv2) and are available for modifications.
- It is a free suite with the support from communities and groups.
- It occupies 136.78MB of memory space and is dependent on Java.
- It supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux and Mac, but does not support Windows 98 and Solaris operating systems.
- Updates are not as regular as LibreOffice.
- More alignment problems while importing and exporting files.
In September 2010, Oracle has taken over Sun. Few people from OpenOffice.org came out and formed a group called “The Document Foundation”. This group used the same base program OpenOffice and developed LibreOffice suspecting that either Oracle will discontinue OpenOffice.org or place restrictions on it.
- Performance of LibreOffice is very low when compared to OpenOffice
- LibreOffice has better opensource license (Lesser General Public License) and whole software is available freely for modifications, extensions, etc.
- It supports many file formats than OpenOffice.
- Two different versions available for both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.
- Interface of LibreOffice is not as user friendly as OpenOffice. It is similar to MS office 2003 interface.(not ribbon interface).
- It is compatible on almost all operating systems like Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux and Mac including Windows 98 and Solaris.
- Need approximately 210MB of memory space and it is also dependent on Java.
- Updates and developments are more frequent in LibreOffice compared to OpenOffice.
- Strong community support base and is growing everyday.
- Less alignment problems while importing and exporting files.
If you can afford it and if it is only for one PC, then MS Office is recommended for its genuinity and professional support. But, for SMBs, where they need Office suite installation on multiple PCs, it is better to adopt the free alternatives in order to be cost effective.
Greenery of the planet is probably lesser harmful gases in the atmosphere, more trees on the planet, controlled natural disasters including temperatures of the planet.
And technology probably means silicon chips, which are harmful for the atmosphere with all its ingredients of sesame and such stuff.
How is it possible to combine these two things?
It is possible to make a planet greener with the technology, if it is aided with mighty brains of smart people working for the welfare of the planet.
Green technological products can range from using bio-fuel in the cars to LED bulbs in homes. Producing electricity from renewable sources, switching off TV and computer monitors when they are in standby mode, can also contribute a lot to the greenery of the planet. Fitting solar panels on houses for producing electricity for domestic purposes, using cycles instead of cars whenever possible, all come under technological efforts for helping the planet against green house gases
Support of Transhumanists appearance and the convergence of technologies such as the nanotechnology, biotechnology, the information technology and cognitive science (NBIC), and future hypothetical technologies such as simulated reality, the artificial intelligence, the superb intelligence, the downloading spirit, and the cryonics. They believe that the human ones can and should employ these technologies to become more than the human one. They thus support the identification and/or the protection of cognitive freedom, morphological freedom, and procreative freedom as civil freedoms, in order to guarantee individuals the choice to employ human technologies of improvement on themselves and their children. Some speculate that human enhancement techniques and other emerging technologies may facilitate more radical human enhancement by the midpoint of the 21st century.
A report/ratio 2002, convergent technologies to improve the human execution, commissioned by the National Science Foundation and ministry for the trade of the USA, contains descriptions and comments on the state of the science of NBIC and technology by contributing principal to these fields. The report/ratio discusses the potential uses of these technologies while putting pursuant to the goals of transhumanist of execution and health increased, and continuous work on applications envisaged of human technologies of improvement in the soldiers and the rationalization of the man-machine interface in industry. While the international discussion of convergent technologies and the concepts of NBIC includes the strong criticism of their fictitious nature of orientation of transhumanist and pled science, research on technologies of change of brain and body accelerated under the patronage of the department of the USA of the defense, which is interested by the advantages of battle field that they would provide to the supersoldiers of the United States and his allies.